Monday, July 5, 2010

MIA'S DIARY 2010 -

I am starting this diary exactly 5 mths late, after a birth of our daughter “MIA”. This is the name given to her by her Baba which means “My” in Italian. MIA also means “Rebellion”. Hope she rebels for the right cause.

It was 3 am in the morning when my water broke. We went to the hospital at 8:30 to have a normal delivery. After the checkup doctor said that it has to be an operation. I wasn’t afraid at all. All through the operation I was chanting “Gayatri Mantra”. Later I got to know from my aunt that I was supposed to chant “Maha Mritunjaya”.

MIA was born at 10:05 am on 17th Feb, 2010 Friday. She weighs 3.8kg. As soon as the surgeon took her out from my womb, I heard one of them saying. It’s a daughter born at 10:05. After few minutes, a doctor came to me on the operation table with my daughter all wrapped up in a blanket. I just got a seconds glimpse of her.
The day she was born 17th Feb, 2010 Wednesday

After four days in the hospital we were discharged. We came home all excited with the new member of the family. We got totally busy looking after her.
With MIA, our happiness doubled, it was a sheer joy to watch her grow every day. With her we laughed and cried. She loved to bath and never cried. I didn’t know how to bath her in the beginning. Sometimes it was her nanny and the other times, her Ramani Ma or Fufu Ma. Today I pride myself as I bath her on my own (of course with the help of her Baba and nanny). I don’t think she enjoyed oil massage as much as bathing

Bathing Time =Happy Time


Ramani Ma giving her oil massages

Whenever we had to take her for injections, I never held her as I was really scared to hear her crying. One of my worst time was when we took her for ear piercing, when she was 3 mths old, she cried her lungs out for few seconds after each hit. Wish I had pierced it when she was even younger with needles.

21st June was her Paasni (Rice Feeding Ceremony). It is also my birthday. We wanted Myra to be born on the same day as well, but God had other plans. She was born on the 22nd June. After lots of I confusion, the ceremony got over really well.
The confusion was regarding the birth of Myra, if she was born in the exact date that doctor gave, then bhai (MIA’s mama) would not have been able to attend the ceremony (jhuto laagcha)for 11 days. There was also a saying that if her tooth comes before the ceremony gets over then it would harm her Mama. Luckily her first tooth came after 6 days. We had a small get together of close family and friends on the 9th July in the Chopstixs restaurant in Teku.
Our little princess getting gifts in the party

MIA’s got many names; I call her “Jaaneman”, which means my life. Both I and her Baba love to call her choru and baba. Mummy and Daddy calls her “bhuntulu” and her Junge Ba calls her “Punti”. Her fufuma calls her “bhuntu” and her aruna di calls her”Bhunti”. Other then all these names she is got quite a few nicknames like; duluwa singh as she likes to go out, baiguni as she is with others till she wants and then sees only me, twale as she stares, ryale etc etc.

Baba took 5 days leave to be with his darling choru from 12th -16th July and luckily another two days got extended. We took her to many places during this week.


Sherpa mall

KFC


City Center, Food Court with Pooja Ma



Pizza Hut on Mom and Dad’s anni

I have promised myself to write everyday from now onwards. Let’s see how active and regular I could get. If I succeed, then it would be a gift from Baba and Mamu to their darling “Choru” as we lovingly call her.

No comments: