Monday, June 2, 2008

Gaidakot Visit

Training is over and it went good. More than training I was happy to visit the fields. We went to the two villages of Nawalparasi, Pabitranagar and Dundheni. Met lots of local people, saw their lives, spoke to them clicked snaps. There was this particular incident I want to share, I was taking picture of an 11 year old girl. Her name was Chun Kumari Kulami and studies at class one. After taking her picture, I showed it to her and and she asked me innocently, when is she going to get her picture. I didn't reply, coz I myself didn't knew the answer. She was so soft spoken that I could hardly hear what she was saying to me. She was on her own world, day dreaming about the pictures. She was confused as to which corner of her house was she going to fit her two picture. She was talking to herself, and even asked me and then answered herself that she was going to put one in her house and one in her aunt's house. I felt sad coz I was so stupid that I couldn't even tell her that I would send it to her as I didn't know when I would be going back to her village again. I have posted here one of her snaps and one with her friends all in a happy mood, smiling for the camera.

No comments: